C.U.C.O Track & Field Code of Conduct
1. Listen to your Coaches – they will help you to learn and have fun!
2. Attend all practices – Work hard to improve your skills
3. Be a Team Player – get along and support your teammates.
4. No cursing – No FIGHTING - No taunting.
5. Learn teamwork, sportsmanship and discipline.
6. Be on time for all Team events – practices as well as Track Meets.
7. Learn the rules and follow them. Win or lose, always be a “good sport”. Improving on skills, times & attitudes are equally important goals.
8. Respect your coach, your teammates, your parents, competitors and Meet Officials.
9. NEVER ARGUE WITH A MEET OFFICIAL’S DECISIONS
Parents / Spectators Code Of Conduct
1. Display, at all times, good sportsmanship. ALWAYS respect competitors, coaches and Meet Officials.
2. Act appropriately – DO NOT taunt, boo or in anyway, disturb other spectators
3. Cheer in a positive manner and encourage fair play – NO PROFANITY OR OBJECTIONABLE GESTURES !
4. At Track Meets, STAY – AT ALL TIMES IN THE GRANDSTAND.
5. Parents: Encourage your child to play by the rules. Remember, the children learn best by example, so applaud the performances of ALL athletes.
6. Applaud good performances and reinforce the positive points at all times. It helps to remember the competition is for the athlete.
7. Never yell or berate your child after a game or practice session – it is very destructive.
8. Be a “good neighbor” at Track Meets – don’t leave a mess behind in the grandstands.
9. Recognize the importance of volunteer coaches. They are very important to the development of your child and the support. Communicate with them and support their efforts. Feel free to discuss any problems or bring up any suggestions.
10. If you enjoy Track & Field, learn all you can and above all, volunteer to become an Assistant Coach.
Parent Signature ___________________________________